WDA member input and involvement is what drives and forms WDA activities Any WDA member can participate in WDA committees at the level that is most comfortable for them. Business owners, employees and individuals are welcome to come "put in their two cents." Participants in WDA Committees are more than volunteers. They make strategic, collective decisions about downtown, build plans to support those decisions, and implement the steps needed to see those plans come to fruition. Committee participation takes time, effort and accountability but the payoff is huge for everyone!
Committees include: Promotions, Economic Restructuring and Design.
Subcommittees include: Special Events: WDA Annual Banquet, Holiday Tree Lighting & Open House, Festival of Trees and Pizza with Santa, & Halloween Trick or Treat on the Avenue.
Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program
Do you pay B&O tax? What if you could choose to put a portion of those taxes to work here in Wenatchee?
The Wenatchee Downtown Association has a unique program that can support your community while helping to lower your B&O tax liability! The program is called the Main Street Tax Credit Incentive (MSTCI) and it's designed specifically for organizations, such as ours, whose sole mission is to revitalize traditional downtown districts. By contributing through this program, you could be eligible to take 75% of that contribution off your B&O Taxes.
Our membership program helps support the work and programs that we implement to strengthen and enrich the downtown experience.
In addition to a more vibrant downtown, perks of our membership program include:
- Members receive an expanded listing on this site at no charge.
- Members receive significantly discounted rates on all other promotional activities and events.
- Members can receive significant exposure via event and project sponsorships.
- Members can submit their company news to the WDA monthly newsletter at no charge.
- Members can volunteer to write a column in the WDA monthly newsletter to showcase their area of expertise, at no charge.
- New members are showcased in the WDA monthly newsletter—again, at no charge.
- Members save money on direct mail by checking out the WDA bulk mail permit stamp for cost-saving rates on first class mailings of 200 or more "like pieces."
- WDA staff will recognize members in various types of social media communication.
The issues that are critical for the success of our members are the issues we tackle head on. By being a part of the Washington State and National Main Street programs, we are able to offer a wide-reaching network of advocacy support. We are actively engaged with our local City government and work together with them to make sure that needs are addressed promptly with understanding and urgency.
Did you know that downtown Wenatchee is a nationally registered historic district? This honorary designation allows for incentives to restore downtown to its historic character.
The WDA Design Committee is also a resource for you when it comes to getting a little extra advice on restoration and improvement projects. Information is available about the benefits of your property being listed on the Wenatchee Register Of Historic Places, special valuation and tax relief.
For detailed information, contact:
Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center
Historic Preservation & City Arts Commission
127 S. Mission
Wenatchee, WA 98801