Sign up Starting January 1st 2017 12:01am
Donate by 12-31-17
How You can put your tax dollars to work in your community….
Main Street Tax Credit Incentive Program
Review your recent Excise Tax Return or call your accountant to determine how much state B&O tax you currently pay. Determine your contribution amount. Your tax credit will equal 75% of your charitable contribution (up to your total tax liability) and can be claimed in the following calendar year. Your donation must be received by December 31st 2017 and can be paid in installments.
1. Sign into your e-file account at http://dor.wa.gov
2. Click Credits & Tax Incentives in the left column.
3. Click Apply for Main Street Tax Credit.
4. Click Continue with Application
5. Scroll the list and select Wenatchee Downtown Association and click next.
6. Enter the full amount of your contribution and click next.
7. Review the summary page and click Submit
8. You will receive a thank you notice. Print your receipt.
9. You will receive a confirmation of your registration from the Department of Revenue within 45 days.
Your tax credit will be granted as a part of your 2017 tax return. The full contribution must be paid to the Wenatchee Downtown Association prior to December 31st to take the credit in 2018
Contribution example: You file and donate $1000.00 the WDA by December 31st, 2017. You receive a $750.00 tax credit on your B&O state tax liability in 2018. If your donation exceeds your liability, you will receive a credit equal to 75% of your total liability.
Please Note: As of February 4, 2010 the Wenatchee Downtown Association is a 501(c)(3) Non Profit Organization. Federal Tax ID: 91-0823589 Check with your tax consultant because there may be additional tax advantages you can take.
Join and be a part of the Future!!
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE MAIN STREET TAX CREDIT
Note: Submitting this application approves you to make a contribution to the association chosen. You
will receive a letter confirming your application within 45 days from the Department of Revenue
but there is no need to wait for the letter to make your contribution.
1. Sign into your e-file account and select “Credits & Tax Incentives”
2. Click on “Apply for Main Street Credit”
3. Click on “Get Started”
4. Using the scroll down list, select the downtown organization you would like
to make a contribution to and click on “Next”
5. Type in contribution amount and click on “Next”
6. Look through the summary page. If all is correct, click on “Next”
7. Click on circle beside “I agree” or “I Disagree” to grant permission to release
your name and credit/contribution amounts to the designated downtown
organization. Type in your Name, Company/Corporate Position and click
8. Once you receive this notice back (usually within seconds), you are
approved to make a contribution. The application is now complete and you
will receive a confirmation letter from the Department of Revenue within
45 days. Contributions can be made to the association once the
application has been submitted and there is no need to wait for the letter
from the Department of Revenue before the contribution is made.